Sunday 16 June 2013

The Name: We Need Help

So, I uncovered this blog I made during my second year of university, and I remember that I couldn't think of  a good name, so I just named it the random "Go Octopus". And now, I'm trying to put meaning to that name.

First off, I am sometimes get into the mood to just be lonely., so GO is a reminder to GO out, into the world, explore, be curious, be adventurous, and create memories.

The second of OCTOPUS is that an octopus has 8 arms. How much do we get so busy that we wish we had 8 arms? We multi-task so much so that kids are raised without parents, people die due to distracted driving, and we don't ever fully complete a task to our best ability because we have so much to do. So in this type of society, we need to have fellowship, friends, and family, to be able to be our arms for us, and not be afraid of failure. We need to ask for help.



So for today, I'll expand on that seeing that the semon scripture today was:

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 
Galatians 6:2

We need to ask for help. The most difficult thing to admit is that we often can't do it on our own, and there are two people to go to.

1. The first person you need to go to is Christ.

Go to him as a humble servant, he knows your heart. He knows what burdens you, and prayer is a way that He wants you to communicate that to him. Ultimately, God's will for Himself to be glorified will take root, and you can find peace in that answer.


2. The second person you need to go to are: friends, family, brothers/sister's in Christ, pastors, youth leaders, people you truth... the list can go on and on

Personally, there were times in my life I would not have been able to get through without my roommates. I was blessed that whenever I was crying or in despair, my roommate was next door, and trust me- she helped me through it all. Friends give great advice. Family can help you see the reality of the situation. But sometimes, we just need a listening ear.

And when it comes to carrying each other's burdens, it's very difficult. You have to make sure that you are filled enough to make that commitment to be someone's sharer of burdens, to be their extra arm. If you find that you are continually empty, you won't be able to give anymore, so take time for yourself- go fill your tank back up. Otherwise, their burdens become your burdens, and your burdens become another's, and that is not a healthy cycle.

Sometimes all it takes is to break down. We are not perfect, and letting other people know about our imperfections as Christians doesn't diminish Christ's power, it strengthens it! How much greater is He who is perfect against our imperfection than our presented false perfection. Letting people know that Christ loves us despite of our continual sin, and that we still struggle, and that sometimes we still don't trust in him even though we know we should, is one of the greatest testimonies to God that there is. We are not perfect, but Christ is, and he still loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment