Monday 24 June 2013

The Best Feeling in the World

There was a point in my life where I was sitting in a lecture hall of my biggest class. It was a class I hated the most, yet I sat there, and I was so... at peace. It was a feeling of general accomplishment, of being able to look around and say "I'm here". I was in Toronto, at Ryerson, and it's where I had dreamed of being. I was sitting in a university class, being taught by Professor Doctor so-and-so. I felt like every plan, list, application, dollar, stress, and mile flown,  had led of to this seemingly expendable moment, and it was a great feeling.



I had an apple cinnamon tea in my hand, I had fallen in love, and I felt so close to God. Those three things with the general overhead cloud of achievement of a moment I had long dreamed of, had collided in this dark movie theatre lecture.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.   Colossians 3:15

That was the best I've ever felt, but it wasn't a feeling of utter joy, or excitement, or happiness bouncing off the walls. It was just a feeling of calm, of complete peace. The best.

"I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid.  John 14:27
This has been a lesson learned; that the expected kaboom of life events, mostly, just let us down. Our expectations can be so high sometimes that nothing can reach them. The best experiences are often ones that we expect nothing from. 


Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment