Thursday 28 February 2013

Finding A New Family

It took me a bit over a year to find my Ontario Family. I have left a lot behind in my home in Nova Scotia. My biological family, my church family, and my friends who are like family. Everyone was left behind, and I was all on my own. I reconnected with my sister- 3 hrs away. One of my good friends from NS moved an hour away and we're still good friends. I found family in my roommates, who are like my adopted siblings. I fell in love and have his family. It took me a long time to create a life around me. I had a lot of friends in first year, that I don't have now.

These past two years have been the most accelerated growth I have experienced. So many trials, but I have grown so much as a person because of certain experiences. Through the tough times, I wouldn't change a thing.

The most important thing in life is your family. It doesn't have to be biological, but your quality of life will be based upon the people you adopt into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment